Date: 01 January 2008
My server transitioned me to Vdeck 3 and my pmwikis did not work.
Vdeck3 gave me a: 500 server error - I encountered an unrecoverable server error ....
- The following took care of the 500 server error.
1. I did a backup of my wiki, that is, I ftp copied my whole wiki onto my harddrive as wiki_backup.
2. I downloaded the latest stable version (2.1.27) of pmwiki and unzipped it.
3. I ftp copied it over my installation.
Voila! No 500 server error. My pmwikis work, but ...
But, now everytime I edited a page, I had to enter my username/password and that twice - ARGH!
- I found this solution on this page - Thank you!
1. I opened my config.php file in the local folder.
2. I added the two lines:
##This line saves the php session in the writable 'scripts' folder - (remembers username/password)
The first line is a comment so I remember why I have this line.
You can put them anywhere after the first line; I added it after my passwords.
Voila! I only had to enter my username/password once on a single browser session .
Now everything seems to work like before the transition to Vdeck3. Hooray!
|Up one level|