Date: 12 January 2008
Assumptions: You know what guibuttons are and have enabled them in your local/config.php. If not see here.
I wanted to add guibutton codes that include reserved characters.
- Example: the code needed for a +/- show/hide (like the one below for the codelist) starts with:
(:showhide init=hide div=div1 lshow='+' lhide='-':)
- After a while, I remembered fixing this problem for the % sign and looked around and found that you type %25 to get a % sign.
- Example: the guibutton code for (:table width='100%' :) is (:table width='100%25' :)
- I looked and looked for a table of codes for special characters.
- Finally I found this page The page is beautiful to look at, so incredibly well organized and just what I needed. Thanks!
- The codes we need are actually in column 3: encodeURI
- So I tried the code for double quotes, namely %22. This worked.
- Guibutton code for show/hide
$GUIButtons ['show'] = array(695, '(:showhide init=hide div=div1 lshow=%22%%+%22 lhide=%22-%22:)
Show text here\\n(:div1 id=div1 :)\\n', '\\n(:div1end :)\\n>>-<<', Put hidden text here.\\n]',
- With this, the code will show up in your page with double quotes around the + and -, but this works so who cares.
- I will try to get a decent gif up this week.
- Don't forget to change the array number (here it is 695) so that the button appears where you need it to be. (Remember the actual number is not important - the order of the numbers determines the order of the buttons.)
- Guibutton code for division with a left indent style
$GUIButtons['li'] = array(705,'(:div style=%22margin-left:40px%22:)', '(:divend:)',
- Here the css code style="margin-left:40px" is written
- Here is my gif for this: (right-click and choose save image; then upload to /skins/guiedit)
- Guibutton code for inserting table with cookbook Simplified advanced table directives
$GUIButtons ['advtable'] = array(700, "[table border=1 width=98%25]\\n[row]\\n[!c]Header",
'\\n[tableend]\\n', ' ', '$GUIButtonDirUrlFmt/table.gif"$[Advanced table]"');
- Here the table width code
width=98%is written code width=98%25
- I just use the standard table gif for this:
|Up one level|