1. Generate side lengths
• Click on the New Dimensions button (and wait 2 secs).
REMEMBER: You can always click on (top right) to undo your last action.
2. Make the base of your rectangle.
• Click on "Segment with given length from point" icon.
• Then click on the point A (it will glow) and In the box type the number of the base of your rectangle. Hit Enter.
3-4. Draw the sides of the rectangle. Remember, the base and sides of a rectangle are perpendicular.
• Click on "Perpendicular line" icon.
• Click on point A, then on line AB.
• Click on point B, then on line AB.
5. Now we need the point on the left line that is the height of the rectangle so we draw a circle with center A and radius the height of the rectangle. The intersection between the circle and the line is the point we need.
• Click on "Circle with center and radius" icon. Click on A and then type in the value of the height of your rectangle.
• line circle
6. Draw the top of the rectangle. Remember, the top and base are parallel.
• Click on "Parallel line" icon. Click on point C, then on line AB.
top lineright side.
7. Close your rectangle ACDB.
• Click on "Segment between two points" icon. Click on A and C. Click on C and then D. Click on D and then B.
8. Clean up
9. Notice how much shorter this construction was than the previous!
10. Play with your rectangle.
• Click and drag any blue point (A moves the rectangle, B rotates the rectangle). Notice that the rectangle itself never changes since it is completely defined by the length of the two sides and the 90° angles.
• Click on Reset to start over.